The Torsun is a “full-featured, 3-layer alpine climbing shell with superior articulation. Made for the serious climber.” After a few months of wearing this in tempestuous Vancouver Island weather, our tester found that it had sweet and easy mobility, probably due to a great fit. It’s amazing how often climbing and outdoor jackets tout technical superiority but don’t fit well…this jacket does not do that. The Torshun is super comfortable, extremely waterproof (which is even more impressive considering it’s not Gore-Tex) and durable. Despite rigorous testing it still looks new after three months. At $350 the price is killer, too. Check it out here.
- Dry.Q® Elite instant on waterproof, breathable, air permeable technology
- Asymmetrical, Velcro®-adjust cuffs protect the top of the hand without compromising mobility
- Dual-purpose, pack and harness compatible zippered pockets double as core vents
- 3-way adjustable, helmet-compatible hood features a wire brim to hold its shape
- Center-front PU zipper seals to keep moisture out
- Body Fabric: Dry.Q® Elite 40D 3L
- Body Fabric Content: 100% Nylon
Center Back Length: 30″ / 76 cm
- Apparel Fit: Standard
- Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. / 516 g.