The National Park Foundation in America has announced the winners of its “Share the Experience” photo contest. And they’re sick!
The National Park Foundation in the United States is the official nonprofit partner of the National Park Service and its been around since 1967. For the past several years it’s held the “Share the Experience” photo contest, which encourages amateur photographers to submit their favourite views, moments, and adventures from America’s national parks and public lands.
There are 58 National Parks in the United States including such famous ones as Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Zion and Yellowstone. The latter is so popular it sees average visitation of over 26,000 people a day in July. It’s also located in the state of Wyoming which is where the top three submissions for the contest were taken. The grand prize winner received $10,000, second place has a prize purse of $5,000 and third place received $3,000.
- Grand Prize: Ching Fu’s photo from Bridger-Teton National Forest in WY
- Second Prize: Joe Neely’s photo from Yellowstone National Park in WY
- Third Prize: Adam Jewell’s photo from Grand Teton National Park in WY
There are also a few national parks in the Pacific Northwest including Mount Rainier National Park and Olympic National Park, both of which were featured in winning entries in the photo contest.
Here is a list of all the other winners of the 2018 “Share the Experience” photo contest:
- Fan Favourite #1 – Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming/Ashley Longnecker
- Fan Favourite #2 – Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee/Traci Thornton
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation – Olympic National Park in Washington/Ashley Kerkemeyer
- Historical & Cultural – Golden Spike National Historic Site in Utah/Robert Fischer
- Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes – Bisti Wilderness Area in New Mexico/Jessica Fridrich
- Friends, Family & Fun – Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado/Eric Ritchie
- Wildlife – Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge in Delaware/Cecil Hastings
- Night Skies – Mount Rainier National Park in Washington/Scott Eliot
Below are the entries themselves. For more information about the National Park Foundation “Share The Experience” contest visit sharetheexperience.org. The 2019 contest is officially open now through December 31 and the grand prize is once again US$10,000.